Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Traveling

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Carter is feeling so much better now. It took him a very long time to get over his stomach bug, but he is finally back to eating everything in sight! Sorry to the rest of the family that caught the nastiness. I think everyone except the people up to their elbows in throw-up (Donaven and I) got sick. Donaven's mom and dad, as well as my brother-in-law (Amy's husband, Michael) got the worst of it. Sorry guys! But on to a less gross subject...

Yesterday, Carter and I went to El Dorado to see cousin Shasta to have the one-year photos made...we were almost making 13-month photos...I know...we had to keep rescheduling for one reason or another. Shasta is Donaven's cousin who is a professional photographer in El Dorado. So nice to have one of those in the family! Anyway, we picked up Granny (my grandma) on our way, and we were so glad that she came with us. She really helped us out, and it was so nice to have someone else turn around to entertain Carter during the drive.

I know that many of you have heard me say before that Carter is somewhat of a high maintenance little dude. Well, boy did he ever prove me wrong yesterday. He did so well for Shasta. We got in 5 wardrobe changes! I was just hoping for 2! I never expected him to do so well. The last time we had his pictures made, he did well too....but let's just say he was a little less opinionated at 6 months! Anyway, my Granny kept commenting on how "there aren't many little boys that would let their momma's pull and put on clothes like that and still smile for pictures". I guess I was asking a lot of him...but hey, we were there and Shasta had time:). Shasta was great and I will post the link to view the photos when they are ready. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: