Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Poor little guy

Let me start off by saying, this post will not be one for those of you have weak stomachs. I will try to spare some of the more yucky details...

Well, little Carter has been so sick for the past few days. On Thursday night, it started. We were in Larry's pizza in Bryant, and Carter and I were sitting at the table while Donaven went to get a salad. Out of no where, Carter threw up...not baby spit up...big boy throw up! I was freaking out because it was everywhere. It's Larry's, so there were people everywhere sitting around us, so I know that they were thinking that this was the most appetizing thing that you want to see while you are eating! I frantically tried to start cleaning it up when the nice little waitress came over to me and told me that she would help me. Donaven came over and began to help, too. We had already placed our order, so by the time that we finally got our pizza (not that Larry's is slow, but time just can't go by fast enough when you are ready to go), he had thrown up yet again! We boxed up our pizza and went home. He was sick until about 1:00 a.m. I stayed up until about 3:00 to see if he would start taking some liquids, since I was so nervous about him getting dehydrated. I felt so sorry for him. I would almost cry every time the poor little guy would get sick. He is so little! And I know how much I hate throwing up...I will do almost anything to keep from it...I hated that he had to be so sick!

I stayed home from work on Friday to take care of him. He did pretty good...just really tired and not eating or drinking anything. I thought we were over the hump, but tonight he threw up again...all over the couch. Donaven has been such a trooper. He does not have a stomach of steele, so I know it takes all within him to clean up vomit...and he has had to do a lot of it! Carter acts like he feels better now, so hopefully this last incident was just because he tried to eat too much, too fast. Hopefully he will be back to full force soon. Please pray that he will get to feeling better soon!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Abby, I'm so sorry!! Hopefully this is just a random little bug and he begins to feel better real soon! You're such a good mommy!

The Bunch Fam! said...

Abby, bless his little heart! I hope he feels better soon! Something to look forward to...

By the way, he is adorable!